General terms of participation in organized travels
GENERAL TERMS OF PARTICIPATION IN ORGANIZED TRAVELS (PD 7/2018)
The following general terms of participation exist in printed and electronic form and constitute an integral and unified text with the main contract for the provision of organized travel services, and considered to have been accepted in any way by concluding the contract.
The main contract exists in printed and electronic form and its content is accepted accordingly, either by signing the form or by the electronic acceptance of its content.
The conclusion of the contract between the Company and the Traveler is considered, except for this signing, the payment in any way to the Company or its Associates, of any amount against the price of the trip.
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
The combination of travel services offered to you is a package within the meaning of Directive (EU) 2015/2302. Therefore you enjoy all the rights provided in the EU for packages.
The company AMFIPOLI TRAVEL SA has the full responsibility for the correct execution of the packages issued and offered by itself, while it does not bear responsibility in case of sale of a package of a third party provider.
The company AMFIPOLI TRAVEL SA can provide you with additional insurance coverage in case of default of a third party package provider.
2. GENERAL TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
The General Terms of Participation regulate the responsibilities and obligations on the one hand of the Customer (in the sense of the present, the Customer is either the traveler or the intermediate Travel Agency that operates as a seller of the package) and on the other hand AMFIPOLI TRAVEL SA and then we call.
Customer is hereinafter referred to as the bodies or Companies that cover financially, members, students, employees or others who have any relationship with them and with whom they are jointly responsible for the observance and acceptance of the following terms.
Consequently, each traveler automatically accepts with his participation the following conditions, the acceptance of which is presumed upon the completion of the reservation by the individual traveler and / or institution.
It is noted that “package tour”, to which these terms apply, means the predetermined combination of at least two of the following elements: transport, accommodation, other unrelated and complementary to transport or accommodation services, representing a significant part of package travel, if this provision exceeds 24 hours or includes one night and is offered for a total price. Booking only one service (indicative only accommodation) is in no way part of the concept of organized travel.
In “special trips”, such as Exhibition trips, Corporate trips, Conferences, Ski destinations, Sports Events, Cruises and Charters and others described in the specific trips, the Customer is bound by the special stricter financial terms that apply. Cancellations in the above cases reach up to 100% of the prices, and the deadlines for registration and cancellation are much shorter. Final price and A valid travel plan is considered to be what the Customer received and is described or attached to the payment receipt (contract).
In order for the reservation of places on the excursion to be valid, 30% of the participation price must be paid. It is clarified that telephone reservations do not oblige the Company to reserve seats if they are not accompanied by the payment of 30% of the participation price. Reservations are made upon issuance of the program and end until the seats are exhausted. The balance is paid 10 days before the departure of the trip, unless otherwise specified. In case the request for reservation is submitted within 10 days before the departure of the excursion the total price must be paid upon submission of this request. Payments are made either at the local offices, or through interbank transaction, or by debiting credit and debit cards.
4. LIABILITIES – COMPANY RESPONSIBILITIES.
The Company has the obligation to coordinate and execute in the best possible way all the organized travel available to the Customers, whether they are the direct travelers or intermediate travel agencies, which resell the trip to the final traveler.
The Company has full responsibility for the proper execution of the package as a whole. The Company is not responsible for extraordinary and unavoidable situations (force majeure) such as: cancellations, delays or changes of itineraries of all types of means of transport (planes, ships, cars, trains, etc.) that are not due to its acts or omissions.
The company is also not responsible during the trip for: loss of money, objects, documents, luggage and any damage to them, for life accidents, diseases, epidemics, organic disorders due to local conditions, altitude, climate, cleanliness or nutrition, for injuries or ill due to war, coups, terrorist acts, hijackings, earthquakes, weather conditions, fires, epidemics, toxic infections and other related causes or actions or situations.
The Company is not liable to the Customer and / or traveler (in case the latter is not its direct customer) for compensation of any damage to the latter due to non-performance or improper performance of the contract, unless due to its own fault or otherwise specified in law.
If you have reason to complain while you are on a trip you should notify any tour guide (on package tours) or our local dealer or hotel immediately.
The Company is obliged to provide upon the consent and acceptance of the traveler any suitable alternative solution. The Company and the Customer and / or traveler promise to resolve in good faith any dispute that may arise from the sale of the package. In case of dispute, Greek law is applicable and the Courts of Thessaloniki are competent.
5. OBLIGATIONS – TRAVELER RESPONSIBILITIES.
The traveler is responsible for the purchase, the declaration and the genuine declaration of the tourist or other kind of foreign exchange to the Greek or foreign customs authorities, as well as other values or objects that he carries with him. In the event that the competent authorities of the State of departure or of the State of destination do not allow the traveler to enter / leave that State, indicatively due to inaccurate declaration of foreign exchange or there is a prosecutorial ban, then the traveler is not entitled to a refund.
It is the obligation of the traveler to study in detail the travel plan in which he will participate as well as the terms of participation, whose care of the supply to the respective traveler, in case the seller of the package is not the Company, belongs to the Customer. Participating travelers are deemed to accept the terms of participation automatically, either by signing the contract or by paying in any way any amount of money against the value of the package.
The timely arrival at the departure of the trip (both at the beginning and at the end) as well as the timely arrival and departure at the Hotel is the sole responsibility of the traveler. In case the traveler loses a service included in the package and this is due to his fault (delay, non-compliance with the program) no compensation is entitled by the Company.
The traveler must reconnect with the team at his own expense and expense. In the event that the traveler interrupts his journey by his own decision and – where the journey takes place in the context of more participating travelers – leaves the group, he is not entitled to any further service or compensation and the responsibility and costs of any travel outside the group, are borne exclusively by him.
The traveler is obliged with any extra expenses / consumption that he makes in the accommodation areas and which expenses are not included in the price of the package. He is also personally responsible for any damage and damage he causes through his own fault in the areas where he lives and uses. The cost of the night tax is borne by the traveler in any accommodation that may be imposed.
The traveler may, after timely notification of the Company by fixed means and no later than seven (7) days before the start of the package, assign the package travel contract to a person who meets all the conditions applicable to the contract. Any costs arising from the divestiture shall be borne by the transferor and the transferee.
6. PASSPORTS / VISA AND HEALTH FORMALITIES.
Each traveler is responsible for the validity, security and safekeeping of travel documents required for his trip (passport, visas, vaccination certificate, emigration permit, visa, etc.). Before completing any booking the traveler is obliged to contact the Company or c) to participate in another excursion of our Company with the same selling price or in a cheaper excursion with simultaneous return of the price difference or in a more expensive excursion paying in addition to the price difference.
Our Company has the right to cancel any trip for reasons it deems expedient (eg objective difficulties, limited participation) without obligation of compensation in addition to the refund received.
In case the cancellation is due to a smaller number of participants, than the minimum set in the respective excursion, the Company is entitled to terminate the contract without compensation within 20 days before the start of the package for trips lasting more than 6 days, within 7 days before start of the package for trips lasting between 2 and 6 days, and within 48 hours before the start of the package in case of trips lasting less than 2 days.
In case of termination by the Company, the refunds of the paid ones are made within 14 days from the termination. During the trip the leader has the right to make changes if he is going to face an emergency or force majeure.
So if for any of the above reasons of force majeure, the trip is stopped and the tourists are repatriated, the Company makes every effort to return the price of the services, which were not provided by the beneficiaries (hotels, transport). Services not performed in accordance with the package travel agreement shall be reinstated, unless this is impossible due to force majeure or if this entails disproportionate costs taking into account the extent of the non-compliance and the value of the travel service affected. Restoration means offering the traveler an appropriate alternative arrangement or, if this is not possible, a corresponding price reduction. The traveler can only reject the proposed arrangements if they are not comparable to what was agreed. Any change in flight times or timetables is not considered a change of schedule.
7. SERVICES PROVIDED.
- Airline tickets: Air travel is operated with economy class tickets and is based on group fares that require a minimum number of participants (which differs by destination) and is subject to stay and intermediate stops. Airlines may modify the itineraries on which the departure departures are determined without any prior notice. In no case can our company impose itself on the airline’s commercial policy in order to limit, for example, any intermediate stops and waiting times for responses.
- Hotels / Accommodation: All accommodation used by the Company has the legal and valid operating license required by the competent authorities of the host state.
- Their selection is based on their location and the services they offer, in combination with the best possible price depending on their category, as stated in the description of each trip. The categorization of hotels is in accordance with the specifications set by the tourism organization of the country in which the hotels are located.
There is no single international ranking of hotels.
- The use of stars is very generally accepted:
2 * = Tourist, 3 * = B category, 4 * = A category, 5 * = Luxury.
- The rooms of most hotels around the world have been designed to accommodate two beds. Therefore, triple rooms are actually double rooms with an extra bed. Some hotels even accept a fourth bed to serve customers, but it goes without saying that space will be significantly limited.
- Usually, the rooms are delivered at 14.00 on the day of arrival and are available to tenants until 10.00 on the day of departure. The note in the order to provide services of the room type is made depending on the demand and if the hotel has different prices for each type of room. Otherwise the hotel is entitled to give you a room depending on its occupancy during your stay.
- In case of late arrival at the hotel, after the day of your scheduled arrival and if you have not informed about it, the hotel has the right to allocate the rest of the booked period if requested.
- Drinks, unless expressly stated, are not included in the price of half board or full board. We remind you before you leave the hotel to pay any personal bills (phone calls, drinks, etc.).
- In no case will the Company agree to pay personal customer bills.
- Accommodation in many countries is subject to a room-to-night tax. This tax is levied directly from the accommodation to the traveler, with the issuance of a relevant receipt and will be requested upon departure or arrival depending on the policy of each accommodation.
- Also some accommodations may ask for a minimum amount of money or a credit card to charge for extra extras. This amount deducted from any consumption will be refunded upon your departure.
- Our Company may, if a relevant need arises, change the hotel, with another of equal or higher category, in relation to the initially agreed, without a claim arising in the person of the traveler from the above change.
- Luggage: Regardless of the type of travel (air, sea or road) our Company undertakes the transport of luggage of normal size and weight up to 20 kg for each traveler, unless otherwise stated. In addition to basic luggage, the Participants can keep in their movements a small hand luggage, the dimensions of which should not exceed 53Χ26Χ23 cm (length / height / width respectively). Cases where the Traveler is overweight or has more luggage may incur additional charges from the airline or accommodation. In the event of damage or loss of baggage, the liability of the air carrier for the destruction, loss or damage of luggage is limited in accordance with the applicable International Conventions and / or European Regulations. In any case, it is recommended for this reason not to place high value items in the luggage.
8. TRAVELER INSURANCE.
- In compliance with the European (Directive 2015/2302), but also Greek (PD 7/2018) legislation, the Company has taken out professional liability insurance to cover the case of non-performance of the contract by it as well as the repayment and repatriation in the event of bankruptcy. For the above, for more information, as well as for your rights, please be informed by our company.
- The Company may collectively cover travelers for liability risks, improper performance of the contract, accidents and repatriation. Group coverage is by nature limited. Indicatively and not restrictively, we note that the insurance does not cover damages, losses and cases due to the actions of the traveler or concealment of incidents to the office, such as: untrue or false statements or concealment of incidents, use of toxic, drugs or other substances, pregnancy or , mental disorders, pre-existing physical or mental impairment or disability, intentional self-harm, suicide or suicide attempt, intoxication, permanent and chronic diseases, as well as those under 12 months or older than 70 years.
The Company strongly advises travelers to enter into a private insurance contract that will cover the above risks, for the amounts they wish, as well as to cover cancellations in case of cancellation of the trip due to serious illness, medical intervention or accident, events that do not affect the charges against the Company from its suppliers.
9. PRICES – CHANGES – TRAVEL CANCELLATION.
Booking prices are calculated on the day indicated in the current price list, based on the cost of each booking service, applicable fares, taxes and security costs, the exchange rates of foreign currencies in relation to the EURO, any number provided by the package travel plan minimum prices, fuel and service prices, and any other cost factors.
The Company exhausts all forecasting possibilities but reserves the right to adjust when the above cost factors change, up to 20 days before departure. If during the last 20 days before departure there are extraordinary increases in fares, taxes, fuel, exchange rates, etc. The The traveler has the right to accept the corresponding increase in the price of the trip or to cancel his participation, if this increase exceeds 8% of the value of the trip.
Respectively, the traveler has the right to request a reduction of the price of the package in proportion to any reduction of the price of fuel costs, taxes and fees of third parties, exchange rates.
The Company reserves the right to cancel any trip before departure:
(a) for reasons of force majeure or security, ie for circumstances beyond its control, unusual and unforeseen;
b) if extraordinary increases occur, as mentioned above, which far exceed 8% of the value of the trip (in this case the amounts paid to the traveler are returned);
c) in case of insufficient participation.
On the contrary, when during the trip, unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances arise, any extraordinary expenses, except those of repatriation, are borne by the travelers. Any temporary coverage of the extraordinary expenses by the Company, does not mean in any way acceptance of responsibility by it, but temporary financial service of the traveler, with the obligation of the immediate settlement of the expense with their return.
The traveler is entitled to cancel his reservation with a written notice to the Company, with the following charges, per person and in relation to the time of declaration of cancellation.
a) Up to 30 days before departure free of charge.
b) From 29-25 days before departure with a deduction of 30% of the price of the trip.
c) From 24-19 days before departure with a deduction of 50% of the price of the trip.
d) From 18-15 days withholding 75% of the price of the trip
e) from 14 days until departure, 100% of the price of the trip.
In case a special cancellation policy is provided (indicatively a special cancellation policy of a hotel, air carrier, etc. is mentioned) this prevails over the above general cancellation conditions.
The traveler is also charged with the expenses paid by the Company on his behalf (registration for conferences or seminars, tickets for entertainment, sports or other events, issuance of travel documents, etc.).
The cancellation policy also applies in the event that a change in flight time was previously announced (indicatively from morning to night or vice versa), the replacement of hotels with others of the same or higher category, as well as forced minor changes in the program and which do not change significantly the whole character of the trip, even the illness, the medical interventions and the accidents of the traveler.
Subject to the above cancellation policy, the traveler has the right to terminate the contract before the start of the package, free of charge in case of unavoidable and extraordinary events at or very close to the destination, which affect the execution of the package. For the assessment of the existence or non-existence of emergencies and their severity, any travel instructions or other announcements of official national authorities or authorities of the place of destination shall be taken into account.
11. PROGRAM VALIDITY – PRICE LIST.
The printed programs are valid for the period indicated in the current price list and in indivisible combination with the one in which any changes, corrections and travel information are listed that bind all travelers.
The final configuration of the program and the final travel plan is considered what the traveler accepts and receives with the travel documents, a few days before departure. For this reason, it is necessary for the respective traveler to receive the travel plan.
12. PERSONAL DATA.
Pursuant to the application of European Regulation No. 679/2016 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, the Parties expressly commit themselves in fulfilling their obligations under these terms, to comply with applicable Personal Data Protection Law.
The Company undertakes that the collection and processing of personal data, which it receives from the customer, is carried out with the sole purpose of fulfilling the purpose, as described herein and will not use or process them without prior notice to the customer.
The Company, at the request of the customer, undertakes to provide further information regarding the receipt and processing of his personal data, as well as related to his rights, arising from the application of the above Regulation, through relevant communication with the controller personal data of our Company.